Our 15 Anniversary Run and Walk!
We’re throwing a field-day party, and you and your family are invited to help us honor 15 years of caring for Maryland breast cancer families! Stay in your pajamas and join us for the festivities on October 1, 2017 from 7 a.m. to noon at Oregon Ridge Park!
Registration opens Monday, May 1. Your registration fee includes:
- Participation in the 5K trail run – yes, in your pajamas, or the 1 mile walk. Strollers, wagons, and dogs on leashes are welcome. Timing is optional.
- Event t-shirt for the first 1,000 registrants.
- Commemorative SWAG bag.
- Horns of Hope to complete your ensemble.
- Seats at the Pajama Pancake breakfast.
- Access to all field activities including supersized board games, obstacle courses, relay competitions, and familiar yard games for all skills and ages.
- Entry into the Devil Dog Costume contest.
- Eligibility to win the prize for the Perfect PJ Pair awarded to the adult duo, and kid pair setting the bar for creativity and coordination.
- The opportunity to visit the CareTrade Market to browse among artisan pop up vendors, all of which will be donating some or all profits.
Registration fees in advance:
- $35 for participants 13 years of age and older
- $5 to have your run timed
- $15 for youngsters 8 to 12 years old. Other ages not listed are admitted free of charge
- $75 for a family team of 4 (2 adults and 2 youngsters)
- $105 for a 4 pack team (4 participants 13 and older)
- Larger teams may be created with a single registration, paid in full combining any of the above
Prizes and awards:
- Gold, silver and bronze by age group and gender
- Overall gold, silver, and bronze, by gender
- Top fundraisers, individual and team
- Team spirit
- Perfect PJ Pair
- Winners of select field games and challenges
Other fun stuff to enjoy while you’re there include an amazing balloon artist whose creations will stun all ages; a roving magician who will keep you wondering, “How in the world…?”; and face painting featuring whimsical and daring designs. We’re pulling out all the stops in honor of the 6,000 families you’ve helped us care for over the years.
If you have any questions or would like to volunteer with us for the day or to help on the planning committee, please call 410.323.0135 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.